This came up in the discussion from earlier this week about how much players should know about a given game session, be it the adventure, the stats for monsters, the layout of the dungeon, etc. With how accessible game information is to players, be it online or in soucebooks that a given player is likely to own, the theoretical was raised about having a professional game designer write a custom game module, exclusively for a Game Master.
How much would such a service cost? Let's assume it includes the following:
- At least one annotated map of a dungeon, town, castle, etc.
- A key villain, with full background and stats
- Several quick-stat NPCs important to the game
- At least one monster, creature, unique item, or other special one-of-a-kind point of interest
- An outlined setup of the adventure, including a hook, descriptions of half a dozen possible/optional encounters, and written storyline as you might expect from a canned adventure found in a sourcebook
- All in all, roughly 12-14 pages in a printable PDF or hard copy
Just a funny musing for a Saturday morning. Sound off, below.